Whole30 Approved and Loving It
Simon Hall’s passion for the restaurant business came early. The Knoxville native and Webb School graduate was 16 years old when he worked for Copper Cellar Catering. Throw in some restaurant work in Charleston, South Carolina, after high school and the decision to enroll at The New England Culinary Institute in Burlington, Vermont, became an easy one. Two years later, Simon was on the California coast cooking at the famous Greens Restaurant and shadowing renowned American chef and restaurateur Alice Waters. Simon went on to live in the British Virgin Islands for five years working at various resorts and eventually becoming one of Richard Branson’s private chefs.
Still, there was more Simon wanted to accomplish. He wanted his own place, his own restaurant maybe. He wanted to build something of his own. After a brief stint in Miami as a personal chef, Simon returned to Knoxville and decided to put down roots for good. In January 2016, he started his journey as a Whole30 Approved meal prep and delivery chef. What began as a series of handwritten menus posted on Instagram has grown to a weekly menu emailed to more than 6,000 clients.
Chipotle Apple Turkey Burgers
+ 1 red apple
+ 1 pound ground turkey meat
+ 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
+ 1 teaspoon salt
+ 1 teaspoon pepper
+ 1/4 cup chopped kale
+ 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Finely chop the apple and kale into small pieces.
2. Combine ground turkey with chipotle powder, salt and pepper, then thoroughly mix in the apple and kale bits.
3. Hand pat and shape into individual patties. It should make four to six, depending on how big you prefer your burgers.
4. Sear both sides briefly with extra-virgin olive oil on medium heat.
5. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.